If Dave Beemer had a nickle for every Pabst he drank at Top’s Tavern in Hooversville, Pa., in 1974, he’d have had enough to pay my dad the $20 for another week’s rent. Thank God he ran out. No shoes, no shirt, no legal ID? No problem; ol’ Tops would give you service with a smile, long as he remembered his false teeth that day. Legally blind, Tops had no patience for reading IDs, which is why Beemer and I drank there nearly every night as 19-year-olds living at my parents’ country house for three winter months. Beems now thinks Top’s Tavern is a story that demands public exposure, so I’ll try and do it justice.
- RV Park moving forward, with hefty list of conditions
- Woman arrested after truck crashes into restaurant
- LDS temple location announced
- Police/Sheriff News
- Cody couple to face separate trials on endangerment, drug charges
- John Linebaugh
- Once-in-a-lifetime hunt: CHS grads enjoy time with longtime friends
- O’Donnell named to statewide selection panel
- Stinson signs with Rocky Mountain College
- Kristen Marie Feketi
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- LDS temple location announced (13)
- Woman arrested after truck crashes into restaurant (5)
- RV Park moving forward, with hefty list of conditions (5)
- OpEd: Fireworks show enhances visitors' experience (3)
- McMillan recognized as one of the country’s best rural hospital leaders (3)
- Letter: Grizzly bears should remain under ESA protection (3)
- Food trucks can’t park at chamber (3)
- Cell tower company files suit against Park County (3)
- House kills proposed ‘bonus point’ system for moose, sheep hunts (2)
- EDITORIAL: Travel council funds not for fireworks (2)
- ‘Life is a Human Right Act’ goes to governor's desk (2)
- Board appointment of Powell resident blocked, later approved (1)
- Event to celebrate local vets (1)
- Commish OKs RV park to develop in floodplain (1)
- O’Donnell named to statewide selection panel (1)
- Editorial cartoon (1)
- Pickleball courts are nearing completion (1)
- ‘Life is a Human Right Act’ becomes law, target of lawsuit (1)
- COLUMN: Are bears dying from avian flu caused by global warming? (1)
- Editorial: Freedom of info is important (1)
- City may help July fireworks show with $10,000 donation (1)
- Police/Sheriff News (1)
- Two Powell residents killed in fatal crash on US 14A (1)
- Letter: State property tax code saw no serious changes (1)
- Urban deer numbers continue to increase (1)
- USNS Cody is christened – Mayor attends ceremony in Alabama (1)
- Letter: Old Gardiner Road should have been left alone (1)
- McCormick shares history of the dam on Saturday (1)
- Director resigns from the chamber (1)
- Letter: Legislature's inaction on property taxes no surprise (1)
- COLUMN: Doing the math shows we’re a divided country (1)
- Curbside recycling business launches (1)
- Powell man pleaded not guilty to stalking charges (1)
- GOP leadership stays consistent (1)
- Finding affordable housing - P&Z looks at expanding ADUs (1)
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.