In a significant indication Wyoming’s government is becoming increasingly more open and transparent, state officials have overwhelmingly complied with the financial disclosure forms required of state legislators and executive branch elected officials.
- Powell woman arrested with 10,000 fentanyl-laced pills
- Stolen tea leads to police confrontation
- Remembering the musical journey of ‘the Sing-man’
- Cody man charged with abuse of an adolescent girl
- Steven Roy Singer
- Spring snowstorm socks Cody
- Woman charged for making ‘jailhouse booze’
- Colorado woman arrested after drugs seized from her hotel room
- Steven Singer
- Travis Lee Pearson
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- LDS temple location announced (13)
- Woman arrested after truck crashes into restaurant (5)
- RV Park moving forward, with hefty list of conditions (5)
- OpEd: Fireworks show enhances visitors' experience (3)
- McMillan recognized as one of the country’s best rural hospital leaders (3)
- Letter: Grizzly bears should remain under ESA protection (3)
- Cell tower company files suit against Park County (3)
- House kills proposed ‘bonus point’ system for moose, sheep hunts (2)
- O’Donnell named to statewide selection panel (2)
- Letter: Money could be better spent elsewhere (2)
- ‘Life is a Human Right Act’ goes to governor's desk (2)
- ‘Life is a Human Right Act’ becomes law, target of lawsuit (2)
- Letter: Legislature's inaction on property taxes no surprise (2)
- Board appointment of Powell resident blocked, later approved (1)
- Event to celebrate local vets (1)
- Commish OKs RV park to develop in floodplain (1)
- Once-in-a-lifetime hunt: CHS grads enjoy time with longtime friends (1)
- Editorial cartoon (1)
- Pickleball courts are nearing completion (1)
- COLUMN: Are bears dying from avian flu caused by global warming? (1)
- Editorial: Freedom of info is important (1)
- Letter: Horizon comes off as a bully with lawsuit (1)
- City may help July fireworks show with $10,000 donation (1)
- Police/Sheriff News (1)
- Letter: Thanks to volunteers who helped plan event (1)
- Steven Roy Singer (1)
- Temple design released (1)
- Letter: State property tax code saw no serious changes (1)
- Remembering the musical journey of ‘the Sing-man’ (1)
- Director resigns from the chamber (1)
- COLUMN: Doing the math shows we’re a divided country (1)
- Powell man pleaded not guilty to stalking charges (1)
- GOP leadership stays consistent (1)
- Finding affordable housing - P&Z looks at expanding ADUs (1)
You must not have read many if any of those alleged financial disclosures. Is canned a few dozen of them. They were vaccuous...purposely empty of information. Especially legislators of the Republican persuasion, who left them mostly blank , just signed and dated. Kudos to Cody's Sandy Newsome who did provide a good account of her business interests.
Conflicts of interest pervade the Wyoming legislature. It's the norm of our citizen legislature... take some time away from your vocation to go to Cheyenne and get favorable laws enacted that favor that vocation... none worse than ranchers or the Wyoming Stockgrowers , but really it exists at every level in the Lej.
Neither the letter nor the spirit of this financial disclosure mandate is being followed by the people it is specifically intended for. Transparent as mud... they like it that way. The enabling legislation might as well be renamed the " None of your Business" financial disclosure requirement.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.